The Objectives of Naturaliste U3A Inc. are as follows:
- To promote the exchange of knowledge and lifelong learning valued for its own sake rather than a structured educational institution. For seniors whether working, retired or semi-retired.
- To foster the intellectual, cultural and creative abilities of its members.
- To encourage participation in the social and intellectual enjoyment of learning by sharing their skills and knowledge.
- To develop in its members the confidence and ability to exchange knowledge, ideas and experience.
- To develop contacts for the exchange of ideas, information and resources with other Universities of the Third Age and organisations with similar or related aims and intentions.
- To be recognised as a responsible body.
The activities include:
Preparation and delivery of short and longer term courses and workshops for mature aged members.
Four talks (Topical Talks) are held each year for members and friends
Networking with other U3A’s in the region
Involvement in preparation of quarterly newsletters, delivery of newsletters, setting up of venue for meetings, such as the Annual General Meeting and for guest speakers, organising and serving refreshments.
Committee members attend monthly meetings and carry out required responsibilities.